Celery Root and Olive Salad
- Yield 4 servings
Often overlooked, but definitely delicious, celery root joins forces with apples and black olives in this sprightly salad.
- 3 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- -- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces celery root, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup Fuji apples, diced
- 3/4 cup California Black Ripe Olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss celery root, apples, olives and green onions with dressing until evenly coated. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.