Celery Root and Olive Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8ounces celery root, peeled and shredded
- 1cup Fuji apples, diced
- 3/4cup California Black Ripe Olives, sliced
- 1/4cup green onions, chopped
- 3tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss celery root, apples, olives and green onions with dressing until evenly coated. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.
Recipe courtesy of California Olive Committee