Celery and Fennel Salad
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 30 mins
Wake up your taste buds with this tangy, flavorful salad.
- 1 bunch celery hearts, washed
- 1 whole fennel bulb, core removed, fronds reserved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces black walnut pieces, toasted
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Slice celery and fennel, using a vegetable peeler, mandolin or box grater, as thinly as possible. Soak in ice water for at least 30 minutes to crisp.
- Remove celery and fennel from ice water and pat completely dry. Place in a medium mixing bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Arrange salad on small serving plates and sprinkle with walnuts, gorgonzola and reserved fennel fronds.