Celery and Fennel Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- 1bunch celery hearts, washed
- 1whole fennel bulb, core removed, fronds reserved
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon coarse salt
- 2teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6ounces black walnut pieces, toasted
- 8ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Slice celery and fennel, using a vegetable peeler, mandolin or box grater, as thinly as possible. Soak in ice water for at least 30 minutes to crisp.
- Remove celery and fennel from ice water and pat completely dry. Place in a medium mixing bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Arrange salad on small serving plates and sprinkle with walnuts, gorgonzola and reserved fennel fronds.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 190
- Fat 17
- Cholesterol 20
- Sodium 770
- Fiber 3