Celeriac and Apple Salad with Lemon Garlic Dressing
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
A different kind of slaw, with celeriac combining the crispness of cabbage and the flavor of celery.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head celeriac (celery root), peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 4 apples, cored (Fuji or Gala), cut into julienne strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 walnut halves, toasted
- Chopped celery heart leaves, optional
- To prepare dressing, place garlic in a food processor. Pulse to chop. Add egg yolks, lemon juice and rind, vinegar and salt. Pulse to combine. With motor running, gradually add olive oil in a steady stream; process until dressing has thickened.
- To prepare salad, place celeriac, apples, salt and pepper in a large bowl; add 1 cup dressing, (you’ll have some left over). Toss to combine. Top with toasted walnuts and celery heart leaves.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.