- Yield: 4 servings
- 1large or 2 small cedar baking planks
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2tablespoon minced fresh herbs (basil, oregano, tarragon, thyme, parsley and/or rosemary) or 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed dried herbs
- 1 1/2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3ounces green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Rub the top of the cedar plank with a little vegetable oil. Put the plank in a cold oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, herbs, and vinegar with salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Add the zucchini, onion, bell pepper, squash, green beans and carrot and toss to coat them with the marinade.
- Spread the vegetables evenly onto the plank and roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Seattle, Celebrate the Rain, Cooking with the Fresh & Abundant Flavors of the Pacific Northwest (The Junior League of Seattle, 2004)