Cedar-Planked Salmon with Grilled Planked Potatoes
- Yield 2 servings
Try cooking your salmon on cedar planks for added flavor.
- 2 -- potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 -- (8-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 -- onion, sliced
- 1 -- lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons barbecue butter
- -- Springs of thyme or herb or choice
- Blanch the potatoes in boiling water in a saucepan for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. Slice the potatoes into planks and coat with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill on a gas grill until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Soak two cedar planks in cold water. Arrange one fillet on each plank. Layer each with equal portions of the onion, lemon, barbecue butter and thyme. Wrap in foil and grill on gas grill for 15 minutes or until the fillets flake easily. Discard the foil and serve with the potatoes.
Recipe by Jim O'Brien, O'Brien's Bistro. Recipe reprinted with permission from Energy Services of Pensacola’s Fiesta Seafood Cookbook: A Taste of Pensacola (Energy Services of Pensacola, Florida, 2009).