Ceamy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
"I've served several Hometown Recipes to my friends. When I served this soup, they asked me which issue of American Profile had featured it. This one happens to be my own. It only seemed right to share it with your readers."
- 3 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 2cups diced potatoes
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 12ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- Parboil potatoes in water for about 10 minutes. Drain water and add chicken broth, broccoli and onion. Cook 20 minutes. Reduce to a simmer and add remaining ingredients. Stir to prevent cheese from sticking to the pan. When heated through, serve immediately.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Four cups of chopped fresh broccoli can be substituted for the frozen vegetable.
Recipe by Alfred Lees, Callicoon, N.Y.