Cavatappi Pasta with Lemon Parmesan Cream
- Yield: 3 servings
Traditionally this dish is made with heavy cream. You can use light cream if you are watching fat intake. This dish is made with traditional ragusana cheese from Sicily. You won't find it here, so substitute good parmesan instead.
- 1pound dried cavatappi
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1tablespoon fine-grated lemon peel
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/4cup grated good-quality parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cook cavatappi according to directions, drain and rinse; set aside.
- Heat oil in a nonreactive large saucepan over low heat. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds, do not brown. Add lemon peel and cream, bring to a simmer and cook 6 to 8 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Add tomatoes, parmesan cheese, parsley and cooked pasta. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon juice over all and mix well. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 848
- Fat 38g
- Saturated Fat 20g
- Cholesterol 112mg
- Sodium 94mg
- Carbohydrate 117g
- Fiber 20g
- Protein 14g