Cauliflower Potato Mash
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1/2large head cauliflower, separated into florets (about 2 cups)
- 2pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2cup whole milk, 2 perfect milk or light cream, warmed
- 2teaspoons butter or soy margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1/4cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4teaspoon fresh-ground nutmeg
- 1/4cup shredded asiago or cheddar cheese, optional
- Place the cauliflower and potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water by about 1 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 to 18 minutes, until tender.
- Drain well and return the cooked potatoes and cauliflower to the pan over low heat for 2 minutes to completely dry.
- While smashing the vegetables with a potato masher or whisk, slowly add the milk, butter or margarine, yogurt, scallions, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cheese, if using. Mash until all ingredients are combined.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 198
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 13mg
- Sodium 91mg
- Carbohydrate 33g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 6g