- Yield 2 servings
If you are a fan of chicken piccata or veal piccata, you are going to love this catfish recipe.
- 1 -- (9- to 12-ounce) skinless catfish fillet, cut into 2 serving pieces
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 4 -- thin slices lemon for garnish
- Pat catfish dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Measure thickness of fish at thickest part to estimate cooking time; allow 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Heat butter in a nonstick skillet over moderate heat until it bubbles. Add fish and cook for 3 minutes. Turn fish and continue cooking until fish flakes when tested with a fork. Remove to warm plates.
- Add lemon juice and parsley to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring to loosen contents in the pan. Pour over hot fish. Garnish with lemon slices.