Catfish and Shrimp Soup
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2cups chopped onion
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1can (28 ounce) tomatoes
- 3tablespoons tomato paste
- 1whole bay leaf
- 4cups water
- 1cup dry white wine
- 1-- (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1/2pound shelled medium shrimp
- 2-- catfish fillets cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- -- Coriander or parsley for garnish
- -- Lemon slices for garnish
- In large soup pan, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until onions are transparent. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and bay leaf. Cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add water, wine, and clam juice. Simmer uncovered 45 minutes.
- Add shrimp, catfish, salt, and pepper. Cook 10 minutes or until catfish flakes easily.
- Remove bay leaf. Garnish each serving with chopped coriander and lemon wedges.