Casablanca Carrot Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 0 minutes
North African flavors accent this healthy, colorful salad
- 1cup California golden raisins
- 6large carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/4cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 1/4cup lemon juice
- 1tablespoon mustard seed
- 1tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2tablespoons snipped mint
- 2tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1/4cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1/4cup sliced black olives
- 1/3cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place raisins, carrots and bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, mustard seed, marmalade, garlic and spices in a small bowl until well blended. Pour over carrot mixture and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Stir in mint, parsley, pistachios and olives just before serving. Garnish each serving with cheese.
Recipe by Roxanne Chan