Carrot Pear Bread
- Yield 18 servings
"This is a great recipe I received 15 years ago. It's easy to make, and the pears add a tasty flavor."
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup sliced pears
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine sugar and eggs in bowl of an electric mixer. Beat well. Add oil and mix well.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Spoon into egg mixture and blend well.
- Stir in carrots, pears and walnuts.
- Pour batter into pans and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe by Norma Frandson, Grand Forks, N.D.