- Yield: 4
- 1cup unbleached flour
- 1/4teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/2cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4cup medium-fine chopped walnuts
- 1/2cup flaked coconut
- 1/2cup finely grated carrots
- Stir the flour with a fork to aerate before measuring. Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda together, set aside.
- Beat the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until creamy. Add the egg and beat until blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture, oats, walnuts, coconut and carrots.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto a buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc., River Road Recipes IV: Warm Welcomes, Entertaining Menus from Our Homes to Yours (the Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc., 2004)