Carrot Sheet Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
- 3cups matchstick carrots (16-ounce bag)
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 1cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 11 ozounces crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 1 1/2cups chopped nuts
- 8ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1stick butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla
- 3 to 4cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- To prepare cake: Microwave carrots in the bag 3 minutes on high. Set aside to cool.
- Using a mixer or by hand mix sugars, oil and eggs until well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to wet mixture stirring until well blended. Add vanilla. Add the carrots and pineapple mixing until well incorporated. Add 1 cup chopped nuts. Pour into prepared pan and bake 40-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before frosting.
- To prepare frosting: Using an electric mixer cream the butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla. Add confectioners sugar until icing reaches the proper consistency.
- Frost cake then sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup of chopped nuts.