Chicken Rollatini on Stewed Greens
- Yield 4 servings
Chicken cutlets are rolled up with a cream cheese and pimento spread, browned, baked, and served on a bed of sauteed Swiss chard.
- 1/2 pound Swiss Chard, washed, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound Baby spinach, washed, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 4 medium Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 -- Red Onion, diced
- 1 -- Green Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 -- Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 -- 1 Habanero or Scotch Bonnet Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 -- vine ripened Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 stick Butter, salted
- -- Sea Salt to taste
- 1 -- 16 ounce Cream Cheese
- 1 -- 4 ounce jar Sliced Pimentos, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon jarred Jerk Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons bottles Jerk Marinade
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons low sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 -- Chicken cutlets, pounded to 1/4 inch
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons salted Butter
- 1 cup Peanut Oil
- 6 -- Wonton Skins, cut into 24 strips
- -- Sea Salt to taste
- 3 -- scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- In a medium size saucepan over medium-high heat add swiss chard, spinach, garlic, onion, bell peppers, habenero pepper to taste, tomatoes, sea salt and butter. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, Lower the heat to a simmer, cover and let cook 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, pimentos, seasoning, marinade, oil and soy sauce well.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over 3/4 of each piece of chicken and tightly roll, using a toothpick if necessary to hold closed. In a 12-inch skillet, combine the oil and butter over medium heat until melted. Lightly brown each of the chicken pieces completely. Turn off heat, remove chicken to a baking pan and place in a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake 20-25 minutes until tender and cooked through.
- Return the skillet to high heat and add the peanut oil. When hot, brown the wonton strips until golden, adjusting the heat if necessary. Remove wontons to a paper towel lined tray, season with salt and set aside.
- When chicken is ready and slightly cool, slice into medallions on a cutting board using a serrated knife. Add the stewed greens, using a slotted spoon, onto a serving platter. Place each of the sliced chicken rollatinis on the bed of greens. Spoon the remaining liquid from the greens over the top. Garnish with the wontons and scallions. Serve immediately.