- Yield 5 dozens
'This is my own cookie that I adapted from a secret recipe. It took me two weeks to perfect it-and mine is better.'
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8-ounce) package milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 (8-ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Beat butter until light and fluffy with a mixer at medium-high speed. Add brown sugar and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine eggs and water; beat with a fork. Add to butter mixture; beat well. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in pecans, toffee bits and chocolate chips. Chill 1 hour or until dough is firm.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges only. Cool on wire racks.
Recipe by Carolyn Hayes, Elba, N.Y.