Caribbean Stir-Fried Shrimp
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1-- (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained, and patted dry
- 1pound frozen, large shrimp, thawed, peeled and drained
- 1-- garlic clove, minced
- 1pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-- (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4cup canned, diced mild green chiles
- 1teaspoon soy sauce
- 3cups hot cooked rice (optional)
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add half the oil and heat until smoking, about 10 seconds. Add the onion and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add the pineapple and stir fry gently until pineapple browns lightly, about 1 minute. Remove pineapple to a bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add shrimp and stir-fry until opaque, about 1 minute. Add garlic and red pepper, if desired, and stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chilies, and reserved pineapple and stir fry until heated through, about
- 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce and serve over rice, if desired.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 170
- Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 115mg
- Sodium 330mg
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 16g