Caribbean Shrimp and Mushroom Packets
- Yield 4 servings
A delicious combination of shrimp, mushrooms and corn are sealed in aluminum foil and grilled to perfection.
- 1 pound (about 5 cups) white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup couscous (uncooked)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean or Jamaican jerk seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ears corn, husked and halved
- Preheat outdoor grill or oven to 425F.
- Place 4 sheets (each about 20 inches long) of heavy duty or doubled aluminum foil on a work surface. In the center of each piece of foil, arrange a generous 1/2 cup mushrooms, overlapping slightly; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons couscous. Top each with onion, red bell pepper, shrimp and wine, dividing evenly. Dot each with 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon jerk seasoning blend and 1/4 teaspoon garlic. Sprinkle an equal amount of salt over each portion.
- Arrange remaining mushrooms over shrimp, overlapping slightly; place 1/2 an ear of corn on the side. Bring long sides of foil together over mixture, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion; fold to seal. Fold up short ends; crimp to seal. Place on outdoor grill or in oven, about 5 inches from heat. Cook until shrimp are done (on the grill for about 15 minutes, turning once, or in the oven for about 20 minutes). Place in individual shallow serving bowls; carefully unfold foil; serve.