Caribbean Potato Salad
- Yield 4 servings
A touch of lime and chili powder adds pizzazz to this fresh potato salad.
- 1 medium red or white potato (5 to 6 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions with tops
- In small saucepan, cook potato, covered, in 2 inches boiling water about 10 minutes or until just tender; drain and cool. Meanwhile, in bowl, whisk oil, lime juice, chili powder, salt and pepper sauce. Add potatoes and remaining ingredients. Toss gently to mix thoroughly. Serve at room temperature or chilled.