Cardamom Ginger Blueberry Butter
- Yield 7 cups servings
This easy blueberry butter is perfect for Seckel Pear Blueberry Cardamom Tart.
- 12 cups fresh blueberries, gently washed
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated, peeled fresh ginger
- -- Juice and finely grate rind of 1/2 lemon
- Sterilize jars, lids and rings. Carefully lift jars out of the water and set aside on a clean, dry surface.
- Puree blueberries in a food processor until smooth. (You may need to do this in batches.) Pour into a large stockpot along with sugar, cardamom, ginger and lemon juice and rind. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer about 1 hour or until the mixture is dark and smooth. Stir frequently.
- Spoon blueberry mixture into the sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Carefully place the lids and rings over the jars, twisting until just firmly sealed.
- Bring water bath back to a rolling boil and then using tongs, place jars into the water for 15 minutes. Remove jars from the bath and place on a dry, clean towel to cool for at least 24 hours. Enjoy those popping lids—that’s a good sign!
- Check the seals to ensure they’ve stuck 24 hours later. Makes 7 cups (112 servings).
—Recipe by Kristy Gardner