Caramelized French Onion Dip
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/4cups slivered yellow onions
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 4ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2cup nonfat Greek style yogurt
- 4ounces low-fat sour cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and salt. Saute 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- Place cooled onions in food processor. Pulse several times to chop. Remove 1/2 of the onions and place in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients to food processor. Process until smooth. Spoon into mixing bowl and combine with chopped onions.