Caramel Walnut Glazed Spiral Ham
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 160 mins
A delicious twist to a traditional holiday dish, this succulent caramel-glazed ham is sure to become a family favourite. Hints of ginger, crunchy California walnuts and aromatic apple make this recipe a magnificent centrepiece for Easter dinner.
- 10 pounds spiral ham
- 1-1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup mulled apple cider
- 1/3 cup crushed ginger snaps
- 3/4 cup toasted California walnut pieces
- Toasting Walnuts: In large, dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast walnuts, stirring occasionally, until lightly brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook spiral ham as per instructions found on the label [or for 13 to 15 minutes per pound in a 375F (190C) oven].
- Ten minutes prior to serving ham, place a sauce pan over high heat and combine brown sugar and apple cider. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until it forms into a thick syrup, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and add ginger snaps and walnuts to syrup.
- Remove ham from oven and place on platter; pour syrup over ham, slice and serve.