Caramel Popcorn Peanut Bars
- Yield 42 to 48 pieces
Popcorn, peanuts, and oatmeal with caramel syrup make a snack that just may toss your willpower out the door.
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 canola oil
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Bake oatmeal and peanuts on a baking sheet for 12-14 minutes.
- Combine butter, oil, brown sugar and honey in a large pot over medium heat and stir mixture until it comes to a boil. Continue to boil 1 1/2 minutes. After removing from heat, add vanilla.
- Pour hot syrup over popcorn and coat thoroughly. Combine mixture with oatmeal and peanuts.
- Transfer mixture to a foil-lined baking pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Let cool, cut into squares and store bars in an airtight container.