Caramel Pecan French Toast
- Yield 6 servings
"This Caramel Pecan French Toast is simple and easy to make the night before."
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Combine the butter, syrup, and vanilla. Pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place the bread, in a single layer, over the syrup mixture. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper, and pour over the bread. Sprinkle the pecans on top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Uncover the dish, and bake for 1 hour.
Recipe by Mary Bishop, North Platte, Neb.