Caramel Hazelnut Pudding
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Cook: 45 minutes
- 1cup plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 14ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2ounce butter
- 1teaspoon vanilla essence (or vanilla extract)
- 1/2cup milk
- 1cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4cups boiling water
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in finely chopped hazelnuts. Set aside.
- Place the condensed milk in a pan and stir over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir the butter, vanilla essence (or extract) and milk into the condensed milk.
- Leave mixture to cool slightly. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into greased dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of mixture and then carefully pour the boiling water over it all.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
—Recipe reprinted with permission from Gran’s Kitchen: Recipes from the Notebooks of Dulcie May Booker (Hardie Grant, 2013).