Caramel Delight Crunch
- Yield 16 servings
This quick-and-easy low-fat dessert can be made ahead and frozen.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed fat-free pretzels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup caramel topping (bought in grocery store)
- 1/2 gallon nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and pretzels; stir in vanilla and melted margarine. Spread a thin layer of the mixture on a cookie sheet and bake until brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then crumble, reserving 1/4 cup crumbs for topping.
- In a 9x13x2-inch pan, layer 3/4 of the crumbled mixture on bottom, pour caramel topping over crumbs, and spread vanilla yogurt over both. Sprinkle remaining cup of crumbs on top and freeze until ready to serve. Cut into squares to serve.