- Yield 10 to 12 servings
Colorful, easy, and very healthy. If bocconcini is not available, cut a large ball of fresh mozzarella into bite-size pieces.
- 1 pound bocconcini (bite-size balls of fresh mozzarella cheese)
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap each bocconcini with a basil leaf.
- Thread bamboo skewers or wooden picks with 1 tomato, 1 wrapped bocconcini and 1 tomato.
- Arrange the skewers on a platter and drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with satl and pepper.
NOTE: You may prepare in advance and store, covered, in the refrigerator. Drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil just before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Pasadena, Inc., California Mosaic, A Cookbook Celebrating Cultures and Cuisine (The Junior League of Pasadena, Inc. 2008)