Caprese Jar Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1pint ripe grape tomatoes
- 1/4cup fruity extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon sugar
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (4-ounce) fresh mozzarella ball, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2sprigs (about 1/2 ounce) fresh basil, chopped
- 2cloves garlic, finely chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, toss grape tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Layer tomato mixture, bell peppers, mozzarella, basil and garlic into 4 (1-cup) glass canning jars. Sprinkle balsamic vinegar over layers. Pour olive oil into jars to cover tomatoes.
- Let stand at least 30 minutes so flavors will intensify. Serve or refrigerate up to 1 week. Makes 2 pints.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 160
- Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 280mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 6g