Caprese Egg Sandwich
- Yield servings
A classic egg sandwich gets livened up by fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil.
Added by Anna Dickens for Spry
- 1 large egg
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
- 1 to 2 slice tomato
- 1 slice fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 to 3 leaves basil, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lightly spray a small frying pan with cooking spray. Heat to medium-low and crack egg.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, flip egg once and place slice of mozzerella on top. Place lid on frying pan to melt the cheese and remove from heat.
- Toast English muffin. (Optional: Spread with a thin layer of margarine or butter)
- Serve egg over muffin and top with sliced tomato and chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Consume immediately.
Recipe courtesy of hungryhannahs.wordpress.com where Hannah, a recent college grad who loves to cook in her spare time, experiments with all types of healthy cooking. She believes you don’t have to sacrifice flavor to eat well, and that it’s never too late to learn how to cook.