Chicken Burgers Caprese
- Yield servings
- For Patties
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Olive oil to coat patties and brush on bread
- 6 slices of Ciabatta bread
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- -- salt
- -- ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Cut chicken breasts into large chunks and pulse in food processor with blade until you have a very coarse ground. Add onion flakes, basil, bread crumbs, garlic, 3 T. olive oil and 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper. Pulse just to mix and until basil is chopped.
Shape into six patties and chill for 1 hour before grilling.
Preheat grill pan on stove (a heavy skillet may be used as well). Generously coat grill pan or skillet with olive oil. Coat patties with olive oil before cooking as well. Cook about 4 minutes per side or until done.
Preheat broiler. Brush Ciabatta slices with olive oil and place in oven to toast.
To assemble, place one piece of toasted Ciabatta on serving plate. Place burger on top of bread with mozzarella slice then tomato slice. Tear fresh basil leaves and sprinkle liberally over the slices. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on top of basil on each sandwich. Serve open faced.