Chicken Burgers Caprese
- Yield: servings
- For Patties
- 2pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1/4cup dried minced onion
- 1/2cup basil leaves
- 1/4cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 3tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Olive oil to coat patties and brush on bread
- 6slices of Ciabatta bread
- 1/2pound fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2large ripe tomatoes, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1cup fresh basil leaves
- -- salt
- -- ground pepper
- 6tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Cut chicken breasts into large chunks and pulse in food processor with blade until you have a very coarse ground. Add onion flakes, basil, bread crumbs, garlic, 3 T. olive oil and 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper. Pulse just to mix and until basil is chopped.
Shape into six patties and chill for 1 hour before grilling.
Preheat grill pan on stove (a heavy skillet may be used as well). Generously coat grill pan or skillet with olive oil. Coat patties with olive oil before cooking as well. Cook about 4 minutes per side or until done.
Preheat broiler. Brush Ciabatta slices with olive oil and place in oven to toast.
To assemble, place one piece of toasted Ciabatta on serving plate. Place burger on top of bread with mozzarella slice then tomato slice. Tear fresh basil leaves and sprinkle liberally over the slices. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on top of basil on each sandwich. Serve open faced.