Cappuccino Cream Pie
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1-- (9-ounce) package chocolate wafers (reserve 6 for garnish)
- 1/3cup melted butter
- 2cups heavy cream
- 1-- (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2cup sugar
- 2teaspoons instant coffee
- 3tablespoons Kahlua
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- First, make the crust. Crush the chocolate wafers and combine them with the butter. Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan and freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- Next, prepare the filling. Whip the cream until it stands in soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar until blended.
- Dissolve the coffee in a cup; add the Kahlua and the cinnamon. Pour this into the cream cheese mixture and blend.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, reserving a small amount for the top of the pie. Spoon the filling into the crust and spread a thin layer of the reserved whipped cream on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Wishbone Press and Promotions Inc. Talk Turkey to Me (Glen Ellyn, Illinois, 2006).