Cappuccino Cream Pie
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Clouds of whipped cream and swirls of cream cheese are blended with Kahlua and coffee to make this creamy dream of a dessert.
- 1 -- (9-ounce) package chocolate wafers (reserve 6 for garnish)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- First, make the crust. Crush the chocolate wafers and combine them with the butter. Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan and freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- Next, prepare the filling. Whip the cream until it stands in soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar until blended.
- Dissolve the coffee in a cup; add the Kahlua and the cinnamon. Pour this into the cream cheese mixture and blend.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, reserving a small amount for the top of the pie. Spoon the filling into the crust and spread a thin layer of the reserved whipped cream on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Wishbone Press and Promotions Inc. Talk Turkey to Me (Glen Ellyn, Illinois, 2006).