Cantaloupe and Tomato Salad with Mint
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
A cool yogurt dressing brings the flavors together.
- 1/2 small cantaloupe, balled or cut in 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into thin wedges (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large celery rib, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the cantaloupe, tomatoes, cucumber and celery in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk yogurt, mint, vinegar, honey and lemon juice in a small bowl. Pour about half over salad and toss until well combined. Add more dressing according to your taste. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with mint leaves.
Recipe adapted from Farmer John’s Cookbook: The Real Dirt on Vegetables (Gibbs Smith, Publisher, http://www.gibbs-smith.com, 2006).