Canned Corn Casserole
- Yield servings
This dish is a real hit at family dinners and church carry-ins. The taste is just delicious.
- 1 (15-ounce) can well-drained whole kernel corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 box (8 1/2-ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a well-greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until center is firm.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Two large ears of fresh corn are a seasonal substitute for the canned whole kernel corn. This dish is still sweet with 1/4 cup sugar, rather than 1/2 cup. Try serving this casserole as a side dish with fried chicken and fresh tomatoes with basil.
Recipe by Sheila Nestor, Winchester, Ind.