Candy Cane Cookies
- Yield 2
Kids will love helping you with these candy cane cookies for Santa!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 to 6 crushed candy canes (approximately)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine butter, sugar, salt and flavoring into large electric mixer bowl and beat until fluffy. Stir in almonds and flour until well blended.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a rope and form into a candy cane shape. Place on well-buttered or parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat using all of the dough to make 20 to 24 cookies. Bake until slightly browned, 15 to 17 minutes. Cool on pan until slightly firm, then carefully remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
- For icing, stir powdered sugar and milk together. Add food coloring, if desired. Drizzle on cookies and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board