Candied Baby-Cut Carrots with Apricots and Maple Syrup
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Sweet carrots and apricots make a perfect Thanksgiving side.
You can use sliced whole carrots instead of the baby-cut carrots if you wish.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds baby-cut carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat oil and butter in a large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and cook 2 minutes. Add apricots, preserves, syrup and lemon juice. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, so the top layer of carrots don’t burn. When carrots are tender, remove from oven and season with salt and pepper. Serve.