- Yield: 6 servings
- 1pound brown cremini mushrooms, cleaned and cut into thirds
- 1/4pound portabella mushrooms, cleaned and cut into thick slices
- 1/4pound morels, cut the very end off; leave whole
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 3tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4cup red wine or beef stock
- Start your campfire using wood; the smoky flavor will add depth to your mushroom dish. Once the coals are ready, put a cooking grate over the top of the fire and set a large frying pan on top. Place olive oil and butter in pan. Heat until melted.
- Add shallots; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add garlic and rosemary; stir. Add the brown cremini mushrooms; cook, stirring 3 to 5 minutes, until slightly soft. Cooking time will depend on how hot the fire is. Add portobello mushrooms; cook, stirring, 3 to 5 minutes. Add lemon juice; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add wine and cook down about 5 minutes. Stir in morels, and lightly heat 3 minutes. Serve over grilled steaks.