Camp Beckwith Granola
- Yield: 14 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
This is a breakfast staple at Camp Beckwith in Fairhope, Ala., each morning.
- 3cups uncooked oats (old-fashioned, not quick)
- 1/3cup wheat germ
- 1/3cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1/3cup chopped almonds
- 1/3cup chopped pecans
- 2tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2cup butter
- 1/2cup brown sugar
- 2tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1cup roughly chopped dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, almonds, pecans, sesame seeds and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in maple syrup. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour sugar mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine. Spread evenly on a greased baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, stirring 3 times during baking. Cool. Stir in dried fruit.
Recipe courtesy of Camp Beckwith, Fairhope, Ala.