- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1-- 4- to 6-inch round Camembert cheese (can also use Brie)
- 1-- egg, beaten
- 1cup fresh bread crumbs
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2cup chopped green onion
- Dip the cheese in the egg and then coat all sides with the bread crumbs.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of he butter in a small skillet over medium heat just until it starts to brown. Brown cheese on all sides. Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and add the remaining butter to the skillet. Melt over medium heat and when foamy, saute the onions for 2 minutes. Sprinkle sauteed onions over the cheese round and serve immediately with crackers.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Sally Clayton and Lee Clayton Roper’s A Well-Seasoned Kitchen (Denver, Co., 2009).