Calvin’s Smiley Cake
- Yield: 24 servings
"My 10-year-old grandson, Calvin, was visiting from California. After having two pieces of cake he came to me and said 'Grandma, everytime I eat a piece of your cake it makes me smile.' Hence the name."
- 1box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (12-ounce) jar caramel topping
- 1can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8-ounce) tub whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4cup Heath Toffee Bits, or Heath bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Bake in a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- While still hot, poke holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Mix together caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk. Pour evenly over cake. Allow cake to cool.
- Spread whipped topping evenly over top of cake and sprinkle generously with toffee bits. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Serve this dessert, named for McInnis’ appreciative grandson, with a maraschino cherry on top.
— Corolyn McInnis, Wesson, Miss.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 200
- Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 220mg
- Potassium 65mg
- Carbohydrate 32g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 21g
- Protein 2g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 4%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 2%