California Walnut Stuffed Salmon
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4cup minced onion
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 4cups chopped spinach
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1cup cooked brown rice
- 2teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4cup shredded old Cheddar cheese
- 1/2cup chopped California Walnuts
- 1pound salmon fillet, skinned and pin bones removed
- In large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook until tender but not browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, spinach, salt and pepper and cook just until spinach starts to wilt, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked rice to spinach and stir in lemon zest until well combined.
- Spread spinach mixture evenly over salmon and sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Roll up gently using toothpicks or butcher’s twine to secure.
- Place salmon on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet and bake in 375F (190C) oven until fish is cooked through, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with steamed seasonal vegetables or green salad.