CALIFORNIA SUN—OLIVE BISCUIT BAKE
- Yield: 6 to 7 wedges servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- 2tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3/4cup Chopped red onion
- 1/4cup chopped sweet white onion
- 1/2cup Grated carrot
- 1/3cup sliced mushroom (optional)
- 1can California Black Olives-laarge or medium
- 1teaspoon Thyme
- 1/4cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1teaspoon Oregano
- 1cup Spinach leaves, chopped
- 1can Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuit Dough 8 jumbo size
- 1cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
Sauté in a medium skillet with two tablespoons of olive oil, the onions, carrot, and mushrooms (if using) for about four minutes. Add the Thyme and stir and cook for an additional two minutes. Drain the can of olives and chop lightly, leaving some whole– set aside. Using a small spoon mix the oregano into the crumbled Feta and set aside.
Lightly spray a 10 inch pie pan with non-stick spray. Line the pie pan with the eight biscuit dough circles. Press the dough with fingers to become one piece.
Fill the pie in this order: the sauté onion mix, the olives, and the crumbled Feta. Place the spinach evenly around the circle, leaving the very center without spinach. Season with black pepper over all. Evenly sprinkle the Colby Jack cheese over the entire pie.
Bakeat 375o 15 minutes in convection oven, or 20 minutes in conventional oven.
Cool, cut into wedges- serve warm. Refrigerate left-overs.