CALIFORNIA SUN—OLIVE BISCUIT BAKE
- Yield 6 to 7 wedges servings
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet white onion
- 1/2 cup Grated carrot
- 1/3 cup sliced mushroom (optional)
- 1 can California Black Olives-laarge or medium
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 cup Spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 can Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuit Dough 8 jumbo size
- 1 cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
Sauté in a medium skillet with two tablespoons of olive oil, the onions, carrot, and mushrooms (if using) for about four minutes. Add the Thyme and stir and cook for an additional two minutes. Drain the can of olives and chop lightly, leaving some whole– set aside. Using a small spoon mix the oregano into the crumbled Feta and set aside.
Lightly spray a 10 inch pie pan with non-stick spray. Line the pie pan with the eight biscuit dough circles. Press the dough with fingers to become one piece.
Fill the pie in this order: the sauté onion mix, the olives, and the crumbled Feta. Place the spinach evenly around the circle, leaving the very center without spinach. Season with black pepper over all. Evenly sprinkle the Colby Jack cheese over the entire pie.
Bakeat 375o 15 minutes in convection oven, or 20 minutes in conventional oven.
Cool, cut into wedges- serve warm. Refrigerate left-overs.