California Raisin Couscous with Vegetables
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15 mins
- 1 box couscous, plain
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pint red pear or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 heads fennel, bulb only, small dice
- 1 -- English or hothouse cucumber, peeled, seeded and small dice
- 1/2 -- red onion, peeled, small dice
- 1 cup California golden raisins or California raisins
- 2 bunches Italian flat leaf parsley, picked and chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, picked and chopped
- -- Juice of 4 lemons
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Place one box of couscous in a large bowl or shallow rectangle pan. Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over couscous along with salt and pepper. Then pour boiling water over couscous to cover.
- Mix with fork; cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes. Remove plastic and fluff couscous with a fork to avoid lumps and let cool.
- Once cool, add remainder of ingredients and toss well. Reheat to serve.
Recipe by Chef James Perillo.