California Raisin and Orange Salad
- Yield 2 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 5 mins
Crunchy romaine and fennel contrast orange and raisins in a citrus dressing.
- 1 naval orange
- 1/2 head fennel
- 1/2 (5-ounce) package hearts of romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 2 2/3 tablespoons pitted brine-cured olives
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Using a sharp knife, cut the peel and white pith from oranges. Slice crosswise into a large salad bowl. Remove stalks from fennel; slice off bottom and discard. Thinly slice fennel and add to bowl. Add romaine, raisins, olives and red onions to bowl and toss.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together; pour over salad and toss once more.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board