California Raisin and Orange Salad Platter
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 1cup California raisins
- 1cup white wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 4large fresh oranges, peeled and sliced
- Juice of 1 orange
- 3tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- Combine raisins, vinegar and bay leaf in small saucepan; heat to boiling over high heat. Remove from heat and let stand until cooled completely. Drain and discard vinegar.
- To Serve: Arrange orange slices on serving platter and sprinkle raisins on top. Drizzle with orange juice and olive oil. Tear mint leaves into small pieces and sprinkle over all. Then, sprinkle with ground pepper and sea salt. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Recipe by Chef Pilar Sanchez, courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board