California Raisin and Orange Salad Platter
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Here's a platter full of good eating and healthy nutrition for the whole family.
- 1 cup California raisins
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 large fresh oranges, peeled and sliced
- Juice of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine raisins, vinegar and bay leaf in small saucepan; heat to boiling over high heat. Remove from heat and let stand until cooled completely. Drain and discard vinegar.
- To Serve: Arrange orange slices on serving platter and sprinkle raisins on top. Drizzle with orange juice and olive oil. Tear mint leaves into small pieces and sprinkle over all. Then, sprinkle with ground pepper and sea salt. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Recipe by Chef Pilar Sanchez, courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board