California Raisin and Brie Dessert Quesadillas
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Typical Mexican flavors to dance together at the end of a meal or sometimes, in between.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 8 -- whole grain flour tortillas (6- to 8-inch)
- 1 -- (7.02-ounce) round baby Brie, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup California raisins
- 1 cup glazed walnuts
- -- Confectioners' sugar; for garnish
- -- Mint leaves, chiffonade; for garnish
- Combine butter and honey in small bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium heat (350F). Spread one side of each tortilla with Honey-Butter and place tortilla, buttered side down, in skillet. Sprinkle 1/8 of Brie, 2 tablespoons raisins, and 2 tablespoons walnuts, in that order, over half of tortilla. Fold remaining half over and cook until bottom is lightly browned and crisp. Turn and brown remaining side, cooking 3 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove to individual serving plate and repeat for remaining tortillas.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges; dust with confectioners' sugar and garnish with mint.
Recipe by Jasmine Buliga.