California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Pizza Copycat
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
Make crust one day before you plan to make the pizza.
- 1/3cup plus 1 tablespoon warm water (105 - 115F)
- 3/4teaspoon yeast
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1cup bread flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2tablespoon olive oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half, cut into bute-sized pieces
- 1/2cup Bullseye Original BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2teaspoons olive oil
- 1cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2cup grated Gouda cheese (preferably smoked)
- 1/2cup sliced red onion
- 2teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine water, yeast and sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes, until the yeast starts to foam. Add flour, salt and olive oil and mix until dough comes together. Knead 10 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover and let rise for 2 hours. Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove dough from refrigerator one to two hours before making pizza, allowing it to come to room temperature.
- Place chicken in a bowl with 1/4 cup BBQ sauce. Cover and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Place pizza stone in oven and preheat oven to 450F for 30 minutes.
- Saute chicken over medium heat until cooked through and no longer pink, 7-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Sprinkle countertop with cornmeal and roll out pizza dough into a circle 10-inches in diameter. Spread remaining 1/4 cup BBQ sauce on dough. Sprinkle half mozzarella cheese and gouda over BBQ sauce. Top with chicken, red onion and remaining mozzarella. Transfer pizza to oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Top with cilantro.