- Yield: 6 servings
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1large onion
- 2tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 2tablespoons anchovy paste
- 1tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1pound prepared pizza dough
- 1 1/4cups sliced California Black Ripe Olives
- 1cup (2-ounce) grated gruyere cheese
- 1/4cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onions and garlic, cover and turn heat down to low. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes over very low heat until tender and golden. Remove from heat, mix in anchovy paste and rosemary and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 12 x 17-inch rectangle. Carefully transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread with an even layer of caramelized onions. Top with olives and cheese. Bake in a 500F oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with parsley and transfer to a clean cutting board. Cut into 6 rectangles and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of the California Olive Committee