California Mission Figs with Brie and Fresh Thyme
- Yield 8 servings
Your guests will love this appetizer, starring figs and Brie cheese.
- 8 -- dried California Mission figs, stemmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- -- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces Brie or aged goat cheese
- 8 -- pieces flatbread or crackers
- -- Sprigs of fresh thyme; for garnish
- -- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- Cut thin slice from rounded sides so halves will lay flat. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide cheese into 8 pieces and arrange on flatbreads. Arrange 2 fig halves on top of each and garnish with spring of thyme.
- To serve, drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of the California Fig Advisory Board