Cheddar Sliders with Tomato Jam
- Yield 6 pieces
- Prep 5 minutes
- Cook 5 minutes
A lightened-up, grown-up version of a grilled cheese that will be a sensation at your Super Bowl Sunday get-together.
- 6 2-ounce slices of California Cheddar cheese
- 6 round rolls, split and toasted
- 6 tablespoons tomato jam
- Place 1 slice cheese on bottom of each roll.
- Place under broiler briefly to melt cheese.
- Top with 1 tablespoon tomato jam; close roll.
To make tomato jam, in skillet over medium heat, simmer 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice, 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder until thick. Season with salt and pepper. (Yield: 1 cup)
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board