- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, homemade or frozen
- 1/4cup red bell pepper, seeded, deveined and chopped
- 1/2cup green bell pepper, seeded, deveined and chopped
- 1cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/4cup butter
- 1/2cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup half-and-half
- 1/2cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pie shell, layer chopped peppers, cheeses and chicken.
- In a saute pan, melt butter and saute onions until soft. Whisk in flour thoroughly. Stir in half-and-half and simmer until thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, eggs, nutmeg and parsley. Stir into sauteed onion mixture.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Portland, Oregon, From Portland’s Palate a Collection of Recipes from the City of Roses (The Junior League of Portland, Oregon, 1992).